Saturday, September 8, 2007

Magazines!!


Well kids, it's that time again! Time for the annual magazine sale at Alex's school, Greater Atlanta Christian School (GACS). The magazine sale is a fierce competition among the students as well as between the schools. I'm proud to tell you that GACS has sold the most magazines of any school in the nation for the past umpteen years!

I'm sure you've all had kids knocking on your door for the past few weeks selling things, but never did you expect to see a kid selling you something in blogland, I bet! :-) And here he is (just think of me as his spokesperson). Each kid has a minimum goal to reach and Alex has started out with a handicap... someone from another school (our rival school actually) has already canvased our neighborhood selling magazines! GASP!

There are some great deals... For you parents and parents-to-be, how about Parenting? Adoptive Families? or Working Mother? Parenting is 36 issues for $15 AND you get Sesame Street Magazine for Kids! Not too shabby, huh? And for all of you entertainment junkies, we have OK! Magazine, People, Us Weekly and even TV Guide. There are plenty of magazines for the men and children in your lives as well.

Okay. Advertising. Done.

To order, follow these steps:

2. Click "Shop Now" on the home page.
3. Enter 425001765 in the "School/Organization #" field.
4. Start shopping! :-)
5. Once your ready to checkout, enter your billing info.
6. On the next page, under "Optional Information" please be sure to enter Alex Mixon under "Student Name" and S0163 under "Student ID"This is an important step because each kid gets credit for their sales.
7. Finish filling out the rest of the info and you're good to go!

The magazine sale runs from NOW until next Friday, September 14th so hurry while supplies last! :-)

I know I'm partial since he's my step-son, but he's a great kid and has benefited so much from this school! He's maintaining straight A's (which is not an easy thing at GACS!), participates in 3 sports year round and has grown so much.

Alright - my step-mommy plug is done! Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Becky

3 comments:

Deb said...

Count me in! I just ordered. Good luck selling.

Jane and Jim said...

You're such a gooooooood step-mommy! I'll check it out. (very smart to post it too!)

Troy and Rachel said...

I'll be checking it out hopefully today. I can always use another magazine!! You're a great step mom!! Alewx is lucky to have you!!