I used to think that our family would be perfect with 4 people. A nice even number, right?? Within the past year, the number five just seemed to sound a bit better. I’m a big fan of even numbers and symmetry, so why would I ever think five sounds nice? Well, you see, I started reading advocacy blogs and came across this handsome little guy from China on Lori’s blog. I thought “what could it hurt to just check with the agency that has this little guy’s file? I mean, I’m just checking on him, no way are we adopting again!!”
So guess what? 3 months later and we have our home study completed, have sent in our LOI (Letter of Intent) and have received our PA (Pre-approval). So much for just checking on him!! We’re in full swing with our dossier, trying to get everything completed and sent to China by September 1st. I’ll explain the reason for our tight timeline later, but let’s just say that if we make that deadline I will be overjoyed. I’m not fooling myself though… we have to wait on USCIS approval which is taking 60+ days right now. We hope to have our homestudy and I-800A application to USCIS by mid next week, so we’re cutting it VERY close.
Unfortunately, we can’t share pictures on the blog until after we receive our LSC (letter seeking confirmation) per our agency agreement. I don’t expect to see that until December at the earliest. I can tell you however, that “N” will be 3 in September. Andrew will be 6 in August, so they’re about the same age difference as my sister and I, which is perfect!
I’m so tired and don’t have energy to type much more, but wanted to share our good news! Much more later… I have lots of research to do about China, the city where “N” is, travel, etc, etc… so many details but first the focus is on paperwork!!!
Hugs!
Becky
14 comments:
YAY!!!! I couldn't be happier for your family and especially little "N". He has a WONDERFUL family waiting for him.
Now I can finally talk freely about you (all nice of course) and not have to worry if they are already in the know!!
If you want a China travel buddy for Andrew, let me know and perhaps Ilya can join you. With me in tow!!
Many, many hugs to you. So thrilled!
kar
PS - if you're still into the even number thing, no one's stopping you from adopting a THIRD time! :-)
Yea!!! I've been dying to know, but didn't want to pry!!! I am so stinkin' excited for you guys!! Boys rock and you will soon have 3 of them!!!! Can't wait to hear more details and rejoice in the victories you have ahead of you! ;o)
Woohoo!!!!!
I am soooooo excited for you and can not wait to see who this really special fella is!!!!!
If I can help you with anything please let me know!!!!
Nicole
nmsettle@yahoo.com
That's great news! I am so excited for you all and can't wait to hear more. Mike is always worried when I am just checking out the kids listed through our agency. YEAH!!
Melissa
P.S. I guess this is as close to an "unexpected pregnancy" as adoption can get!
Congratulations! That's wonderful news:)
Such wonderful,wonderful news! :)
Yay!!! So glad you announced so we can all cheer you all on!! Little "N" is going to have the BEST big brothers and parents ever!!
This is so exciting! Yeah!!! Congrats!
What a wonderful surprise Becky, congratulations! Andrew is going to be a fantastic big brother.
I should have guessed when you started blogging again that something was up!
Oh my goodness, yay!! I am so happy for you guys! I am so bad about reading blogs these days, and just happened to pull yours up today! Congrats, will def be praying the paperwork comes in quickly!
Becky - What news!!! I am thrilled for you guys!! Praying your USCIS stuff happens quickly!
What wonderful new! I an so happy for you all. Don't tell Gerald but I have been thinking too...just thinking that is.
Joy
Oh My Gosh!!! I am so happy and so excited for you all!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see and read more!!!!
Wow, how exciting! Congrats!!! Can't wait to follow along on your journey.
Post a Comment