Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ooooo... a new look!

I've updated the blog! I was tired of it already and since the blog has been viewed 1,000 times I figured you all might be tired of it too! The real story is that I was procrastinating and found that updating my blog was MUCH more fun then the cleaning, bill paying and the laundry I could have been doing. Hope you like it. If there is anything glaring that annoys you, let me know. I don't think I'm done tweaking it... not too set on the background color.

Anyhow, hopefully you've noticed the Russian map up above and all of the little red circles. These are regions that CHI works in/has worked in. Some of the regions are not processing adoptions because of the lack of accreditation but others are. The ones I've heard most people talk about are Vladivostok (bottom right of the map), Tver (up near Moscow) and Astrakhan (towards the left next to the Caspian Sea). Quite a few people from my agency are waiting for/going on their second trip to Vladivostok to pick up their little ones! I stalk read their blogs 90 times a day... I swear it's like waiting for an author to finish one of the best books I've ever read.

So where are we going?? We have no clue until I get this flipping paperwork done!! If I was a betting girl, I would guess that Vlad would be an option as well as Tver. Luckily, I don't bet. As you can see, the regions are all over the map - literally! Moscow is a 10 hour flight from here. Vladivostok is another 10 hours(ish) flight from Moscow. Tver is a 3 - 4 hour drive from Moscow. As for Astrakhan, I'm not to sure how far that is! I know I'm so ahead of myself wondering where we are going, but that's okay... I like to be prepared.

By Monday, I should have all of the documents I have signed by both Keith and I and notarized. Then I'll fax them to the agency to be reviewed one more time before I get them apostilled. Anyone know of a real estate agent in Georgia that will sign my Statement of Legal Residence?? I'm lacking one of those right now! :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend was great... we spent Monday afternoon on the lake. Alex and his friend Ty tubed. Keith did as well (I had the pleasure of tossing him off twice!) and I took a leisurely ride on the tube around the lake until I got a bit too far to the front of the tube and sunk myself! So much for not getting wet! Here are a few pics:





2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Looks like a great time!

Kathryn said...

I thought there were 2 seperate posts. I love the new look of your blog. The map is really great. How many of us know anything about the geography of Russia? I know what you mean about visiting the same blogs 90 times a day. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but I keep checking all the time too. Especially if they are traveling or are expecting some news soon.

Good luck on getting your paperwork done; will you then be ready to send your dossier to Russia?