Sunday, August 17, 2008

One Month Home

To our little boy:

It was one month ago today that we brought you into our house for the first time. We'd already been together for about a week at that point but nothing makes it feel as real as walking into your own house. The look on your face was priceless as you explored, met the animules and soaked it all in. The second you set foot in the house our whole world changed.

You have made this house a crazy place - in such a good way. There is never a shortage of giggles, smiles or chatter. We've had our fair share of tears, but everything is better with a hug and a kiss. Speaking of hugs and kisses - love 'em!! Every morning starts with them and every night ends with them with lots sprinkled in throughout the day. How much better does life get?

This past month we've read Goodnight Moon and Old Hat New Hat more times then we can possibly count but the way you "read" them to us is so awesome. I never expected this little, shy child we met in Russia would be saying "beady, bumpy, leafy, lumpy"! It reminds me that you will not be a little boy for too long so we'd better hang on to these moments while we can! Your language has grown leaps and bounds, your ability to do things on your own amazes me and the twinkle in your eye when you discover something new just makes me smile. You are truly a special, special boy.

We love you, baby boy! In less that a week you will be three and we'll have another milestone to celebrate. I look so forward to the months to come but at the same time I'm in no rush for them to fly by!

Love always and forever,
Mama

P.S. In case you ever doubt my love, please remember that I caught your throw-up in my hands tonight and I do NOT do that for just anybody. As a matter of fact, I've never done it before and really hope I don't have to do it again! :-)

20 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad to see your little peanut is doing well, and you too! I hope feels better after getting sick.

Your new blog layout looks great!

Jane said...

Oh that just makes me want to cry! So sweet (even the part about the throw up!) These children we all have, never cease to absolutely amaze me; this thing call adoption is a beautiful thing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, one month already! Congrats on your first month with your little miracle!

Dede said...

Happy 1 month anniversary!

Mama Fish said...

Oh Becky! You have me rolling with that last comment! PRICELESS! lol!

Anonymous said...

You are right, you definitely entered into mother-hood after the throw up incident since that was one of your big phobeas! Congrats! Andrew, can't wait to celebreate your birthday this weekend! Yay! 1....2....3!!!!

Laura S said...

Awe....so sweet. Happy 1 month home!!

Hannah said...

What a sweet post. It brings back so many memories...

I just came across your blog today. My sweet Russian meatball came home 8 years ago and has been since joined by his Guatemalan sister. I hope it is ok if I link your blog to mine. I just love seeing families come together!

Happy one month anniversary!

Hannah

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Congratulations on being home 1 month! I loved your PS comment! That will be a great story someday when Andrew brings home a girlfriend!

Carey and Norman said...

Very sweet post. How cute is that picture at the head of it? Too adorable. All boy for sure!

Anonymous said...

OH the joys of motherhood!!! Puke in the hands is the best omg, I can't believe I just did that. They should give out Mommy badges for it!

Mary and Michael said...

Has it been one month already? I’ve been out of touch for a bit. Happy 1 month home Andrew! Love the photo, what a cutie :)

ana said...

Congratulations on 1 month home!!!

Over-Caffeinated said...

I got tears AND chills reading your letter to Andrew. What a little sweety.

Melissa said...

Happy 1 month! In no time at all, you'll be saying happy one year!! And I absolutely love your P.S....that was hilarious. :)

Mark and Sinziana said...

As usual I am late... Happy first month at home with Andrew!

Christa said...

Happy 1 month home, Andrew! You are a cutie. It is amazing how our boys open up from being shy to being happy and bubbly....

Christa

Melissa said...

hey catching throw up in your hands is funny. now that shows a mother's love.

Troy and Rachel said...

What a nice letter to your son. And I can't think of a better way to say I love you than to catch throw up in your very hands!

Deb said...

What a great letter to your boy. He's adorable.
Happy 3rd Birthday! I'm sure it will be a blast.