Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

It really is 2010, isn’t it?  My how time flies when you’re having fun! 

We spent New Year’s Eve with some friends of ours and had a great time.  Three of the kids that were there go to school with Alex.  We stayed up very, very late (4 am) talking to them.  Wow, oh, wow.  I cannot hang with the young ones, but had a great time doing so!  My friend Julie and I are the “cool but strict” mom’s of the group of friends so dialogue flowed freely about colleges, school gossip, girls, boys and friends.  The only thing missing was Alex! (Picture from Keith’s camera phone)

CIMG0033[1] Andrew made it until 10:30 AST (Andrew standard time) this year.  He really could have gone to sleep at his normal bedtime but we let him stay up until we could no longer keep him from bouncing off the walls.  :-)   He was so excited but was most excited to blow the horn and make as much noise as humanly possible.  He tried to get me to let him keep the horn in bed with him, but I was smarter than that. :-)

IMG_8183 HappyNewYear

So, as I mentioned before, we hit the hay around 4am.  Andrew popped his head up and said “Take a picture daddy” and then laid back down.  We giggled and I said “go ahead and take a picture…” and I snuggled up next to Andrew.

CIMG00341 We were up and on the road by 7am in order to get home and let our puppies out.  Not enough sleep to operate on!  We convinced Andrew it was the middle of the night (since it was still mostly dark out) and we all climbed in our bed and slept until 10:30 am.  Oh, thank goodness! :-)

New Year’s day was supposed to be a lazy one, but Keith wound up having to run out to a client’s.  Andrew and I were ready to do something so we decided to go bowling and then take a quick trip to the mall.  Apparently everyone received gift cards for Christmas because the mall was packed!  I picked up some winter clothes that were on sale at JcPenney for Andrew (for next year) and that wound up being a steal!  Like last year, we went to Ihop for a fancy New Year’s Dinner.  Nothing says “Happy New Year” like breakfast for dinner!

Below are a few random pictures from our vacation time at home.  Two of Andrew’s favorite gifts – his hopper ball and fake tattoos.  We decorated his arms and chest and then had a nice little photo shoot.  See how much bigger his muscles look with tattoos? :-)

IMG_8157

IMG_8169Tattos  IMG_8138

One thing you may have noticed in pictures lately, is the darkness of Andrew’s two front teeth.  A few months ago, he had a head on collision with another boy – his mouth with the other boys head.  At the time, we didn’t really think too much of it and about 2 weeks later, his teeth were dark and bruised.   We went to the dentist and he took x-rays.  The roots looked great and the teeth weren’t loose which was a great thing.  We scheduled a follow-up for a few month’s later, which just so happens to be next week.  We’ll see what happens, but it seems as though he’ll keep the teeth but they’ll just be bruised until his adult teeth come in.

Thanks for all of your comments about the next adoption on the last post… BUT… it’s only in the “thinking” stages right now so don’t get too excited!  Just thinking.  Just planning and seeing if, financially and emotionally, it’s in this years cards.  I did tell Keith that I was plotting against him and to beware of any paper signing and then I read him Ondrea’s comment she left on the last post.  That had him giggling!

Well, off to work tomorrow.  It’s a necessary evil.  I know Andrew is going to have a very difficult time at drop-off tomorrow and so we’ve tried to think of all of the things he’ll enjoy at school.  The list was short. :-) 

Happy back to work week for those of you who have had off!
Becky

5 comments:

said...

Oh I loved the pictures of Andrew and his tatoos, especially the fact that he is outside with no shirt on! We have been braving 20 degree weather and 3 boys cooped up inside for several days is a disaster waiting to happen. Hope you got my email this time about the adoption. I will tell you that with SN adoption, once I showed Russ the picture of our now Sophia, he couldn't say no!
Blessings for the New Year!
Monica

Mama Fish said...

Hi Becky! I love Andrew's tattoes! His muscles look huge! lol! I am so glad he went back to sleep with all of you until 10:30am. Holy Cow, our Small Fry probably wouldn't and I just can't operate on 3 hours of sleep anymore!

I'm sorry it is back to work week. Chris has been working all through New Year's so I wish for some time off. :-) Not happening anytime soon though.

Happy Monday!!

Grandma in Fl said...

So glad to read the blog posts. Sounds like you all had great holiday. Hope all of you have good 2010.

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy New Year!! Andrew looks so big!! I know you hate to hear that because I do too. I can't believe you went to bed at 4 am and here I thought I was brilliant to make it to 12:15 am!!

Joe and Renae said...

So great to see that you all had a wonderful New Year's night. Andrew looks SO cute with his fake tatoos...he looks so PROUD of them..LOL! Olivia also fell and hit her teeth to where they bled and she has one darker tooth. The dentist said that if it hadn't went back to the original color by now that it will just stay like that until her adult tooth comes in. Oh well....could have been worse I guess!

Happy New Year!
Renae