Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Advice

If I have one piece of advice to give you, it is this:

Do not, I repeat, do not procrastinate at work when you know you're about to travel. Do not wait until the last minute to button things up. Do not continually put off the things you know you need to do before you leave. Do. Not.

Panic has set in and I have the attention span of a cat on catnip. Lots of catnip. I have a laundry list of work to get done, that MUST get done and I can't focus on anything for more then 2 minutes at a time. It's going to be a rough 2 days. Let me tell you again... Do. Not. Procrastinate.

Sincerely,
The world's best procrastinator

P.S. Col - I think I might owe my procrastination habits to 4 years of rooming together in college. I vaguely seem to remember you starting 10 page papers at 1 or 2 am for an 8 am class. :-) As the shirt I bought Alex says... "Procrastinators Unite!............................. tomorrow"

13 comments:

Melissa said...

A cat on lots of catnip. I can so relate...hang in there. Get that work done, and then you don't have to worry while you're gone for the second biggest trip of your life! (the first biggest, of course, will be trip 2)

Carol said...

I am right there with you girl, I can not get anything done today. I have tried repeatidly to work on a project and nothing is happening but web surfing, blog reading, etc. UGH it is going to be a long week. Ok, it is time to get back to work....

Carey and Norman said...

I'm so excited that you only have two days left at work. Yippee. As for the work procrastination, I think I too can relate. I could only concentrate on adoption items pre-trip and even those only had total focus for minutes at a time. I'm so glad you are so close and look forward to reading about your time in Russia. Oh my goodness...you are about to meet your son!

Kevin T. said...

That picture cracked me up! I am so excited for you! Don't worry about a thing - everything will work itself out. It has to be so hard to concentrate on anything else when you are this close to meeting your little peanut!!!

Maribel said...

Becky,
Take some bubbles with you. I took some with me last month when I went to pick my son and it was a big hit at the orphanage since they don't use them in Russia.
Enjoy the time you are about to experience! In no time you will be getting your 'check' list ready for the second trip. Safe Travels!!!

Mama Fish said...

LOL! Becky...hang in there... you'll get it done! Froma fellow procrastinator.

Melissa said...

good luck. I cant wait to hear about your peanut

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Take lots of deep breathes!! You will get everything done. I know how you feel. We can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

Sira said...

You know something- it will all be okay... I promise. I can't wait to hear about that little guy

Carey and Norman said...

Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you today and wanted to give you a big online hug. I cannot wait until next week when I can read about your journey to Russia to meet your son. I'm so excited!!

Lots and lots of love coming your way!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

2 more days!!!!! A cat on too much catnip? You made me laugh aloud, Becky. I remember that feeling! You'll get it done, and it will feel so good getting on that plane to meet your Peanut!!! I can't wait to hear all about him!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so having this same issue. I only have three days left in the office before we leave, and about 14 deadlines during that timeframe. Ugh.

Your big departure day is almost here! I'm very eager to follow along on your journey online. One day and counting...

Amy said...

You leave today (YEA!!!)...good luck and follow your heart. Looking forward to hearing all about trip 1 and of course the Peanut. Safe Travels. Amy