Hey all!
I've been tagged a few times and boy this one was a hard one! I just had to write a bio for work and it's really hard to talk about yourself.
Without further ado, here are 6 random facts about me:
1. Milk. I hate milk. I used to love my mother’s macaroni and cheese until I saw her make it – never ate it again. If I pour milk into a cereal bowl, I have to hold my breath so I can’t smell it and I never, ever will empty milk down the drain (especially expired milk). I prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla because it leaves less of a milky taste in your mouth. I love cheese and mashed potatoes and other things made with milk but refuse to “picture” the process that has gone into making them.
2. I’m a control freak. I like to be in control of pretty much everything. The exception to this rule is deciding where to eat when we eat out. Can you be a control freak but not like to make decisions? I think I like being in control post-decision making. Wow... I'm odd.
3. I hate, hate being tickled. It makes me want to cry. On the same note, I love Halloween, but I hate haunted houses or having someone sneak up on me. In college, we went to a haunted house and a person jumped out from behind something and touched one of us. That was it for me – I wasn’t sure if I was going to cry or wet my pants. :-)
4. If sleeping was an Olympic sport I could totally win the gold medal. Last Friday, around 7:15, I was laying on my bed trying to will my headache away when Andrew and Keith came in the house. Andrew saw me in bed, climbed up with me, undressed, got under the covers and said night, night. I told Keith I would be out as soon as he fell asleep. At 10:30 Saturday morning I woke and realized I was by myself. Knowing that I am a gold medal contender, Keith let me sleep as long as I needed to. Granted, prior to July 8th (Andrew's Gotcha Day) I was a much better contender for the Gold Medal. Now I'm lucky if I sleep past 7.
5. When I was a kid I was playing doctor and decided I needed some nose medicine. I shoved rocks up my nose – far. I don’t really remember what happened after that – maybe they had to be flushed out?
6. I’ve always wanted to be a teacher. So why didn’t I go to college for it? My parents were both teachers and I wanted to do something different. I’m now in the IT field and while I love resolving issues and figuring things out, I would still someday love to teach. (This coming from the person who knows she’s not cut out to be a stay at home mom but who instead thinks she can handle 30 of them??)
Now my task is to tag 6 others.
The nominees are (sorry if you've been tagged already! I had a hard time remembering who was tagged!):
Carolynn
Lea
Laura
Adrian
Carey
Mary
If I tag you, here are the rules!!!
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random facts about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the taggers know when your entry is up.
10 comments:
Sorry for the Double tag- I tried checking everyones blog before I tagged anyone, but didn't see your name out there yet... It IS a hard post to write! I totally agree!
I am SO glad to see about your control freak issues, yet not being able to make a decision! Where to eat dinner is a great example because I do the SAME thing yet get mad @ myself for it! I would ask the question of where do you want to eat, etc.etc. then get mad if the choice wasn't what I was thinking. I would also have to know like 6 hours ahead of time, what time we were planning to go to eat. Wow, it must run in the family :-)
Oh my goodness Becky you are a hoot! Rocks up your nose??? LOL!! Hysterical. You would totally not make it at this house. We literally go through about 3 gallons of milk a week. I'm thinking of investing in a dairy cow when the next two children get added.. (just kidding)
My hubby lets me sleep in on Sat. morning too, and it's heaven. Sleep is wonderful, and I definitely don't take it for granted anymore!
Okay, I shoved something up my nose as a kid too. I was on my way into surgery when I sneezed and it flew out! :) Gross, huh? Just another thing we have in common!
Hi Becky,
When my mom was a toddler, she put marbles up her nose!!
I love Halloween, too. I also love haunted stuff, but I am truly afraid of it!
Have a happy Halloween season!
Love the rocks story! Maybe you fell asleep after you shoved them up your nose :) Wonderful that Keith and Andrew let you sleep in! Aren't these fun?? It took me forever to write six things about myself also!!
Daughter, I am learning more about you every day, which is good. I know another thing about you, hee, hee, you hate to do laundry. And you always have room for dessert. I love you. Mom
I don't like the smell of milk either. I get sick at places like Waffle House that wipe their tables with rags that smell like old milk and also prefer the taste of chocolate ice cream over vanilla. I always eat pie without ice cream for this reason. I knew we had much in common.
I enjoyed your six items. It is always fun to see what everyone will put.
Becky,
I'm with you on the Halloween thing. I love Halloween, but tend to still let my imagination run wild and get freaked out too easily!
Thanks for the tag, my 6 random facts are posted!
Adrian
Post a Comment