Friday, April 17, 2009

Then and Now

THEN...
On April 18, 1979 my baby sister was born. Isn't she just so cute??

...and NOW
And now, she's joined us in the 30-something world! My dad and Dasha had a birthday barbecue for her yesterday and then they watched Andrew so we could have an adult night on the town. We had an absolutely blast, but I think Mandy now realizes that once you turn 30, the next day's recovery takes twice as long. :-)




Happy Birthday, baby sister! Thank you for being my best friend and confidant for the past 30 years. LOVE YOU!

12 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Awww, thanks for the post! And thanks for everything yesterday - it was a great birthday! And yes, the recovery process doesn't seem to be getting and better - it is 10PM and I am still not recovered :-) But it was worth it - had a blast! Love you, BFF :-)

Aunt MANDY said...

Ummm, see! The recovery process is obviously not complete. My last post was suppose to say Aunt MANDY, not Aunt BECKY! lol

Ron and Dinia said...

Happy Birthday Mandy!

Laura S said...

Cool cake! Glad you got to have some adult time! Mateo is asking for Andrew and "Happy" Joes again. I'll see if we can find a date before our trip. And happy birthday Mandy!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Very sweet post...LOVE the Wonder Woman pic...classic.

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Mandy!!!

Over-Caffeinated said...

What a gorgeous cake for a beautiful person... so sweet you have a sister.... hmmmm, maybe Meg needs a sister! :) NOT!

Bill and Myra said...

Your sister must be really cool... we share the same birthday (but I am quite a bit older! My sister and I are very close too!

Myra

Tiger & Kar said...

Happy Birthday! LOVE, love love the Wonder Woman costume!

Janine said...

That's such a sweet post! My baby sister turns 30 in two weeks. :)

DAD said...

...and she's STILL a little brat!!!! (jk!) Dasha and I had a great time at the party. I often wonder where the years went!! I'm very glad that we can keep sharing the future years. Andrew was great! Bubble blowing, hot potato catch, hide 'n seek, we did it all! He absoultely LOVES Nana and vice-versa!Those things remind me of you girls when you were little...especially when Becky had to "oversee" everything. I guess some things never change...right Beck!!! I love both of you and than you for alot of great years. DAD

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! Loved the birthday cake!