Saturday, April 4, 2009

Milestone #1

It was one year ago today that Keith and I had finally decided to step away from the adoption and go on a mini-vacation to Destin, Florida. All I wanted was sand and sun and an escape from the hurdles (in hindsight, little hurdles) thrown our way. We just needed a break from it all. I worked from home that day and just as I was getting ready to shutdown for the day, I got the email we had been waiting for. Travel Dates! Granted, they were over a month away but it was a sign that things were moving.


You can read more about that day here. It is a day I'll never forget and the real beginning of an awesome journey to a very special little boy. We are so very, very lucky to be Andrew's parents and we are grateful every day that he is our little boy.


How can you not LOVE a face like this??



Love,
Becky

11 comments:

Jane said...

What a beautiful face to love! You're almost at your 1 year adoptiversary; it's so much fun to reminisce about the journey to get there.

Angela Knight said...

Amazing! We just entered our 16th month of waiting. And we leave next Saturday for a much needed vacation to Florida! Wouldn't that be great if we got our call for travel dates this week, too. I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps! We're assigned to Astrakhan. All our registration docs are in, but they haven't officially registered us yet. Lots of waiting. I check your blog often. What an encouragement you are to me!! Thanks from a mom who has never met you! =)

Nicole said...

I love Andrew's glasses!! What a cutie!
Nicole

Dede said...

It's hard to believe that was a year ago. Time went so slow back when we were all waiting but since we got our kiddos, it goes too fast.

Laura S said...

I remember that...and I remember telling you that one day soon all the trials and tribulations would seem like nothing once he was home. Amazing how all of that falls by the wayside, isn't it? We has a blast yesterday. Hopefully we can get the boys together more this summer!

Joy said...

He is too cute!
Joy

Over-Caffeinated said...

I have chills as I sit here because I think the first time I logged on to your blog there was a photo of your lilly white legs in the Destin sand! I was hooked because I knew you were funny and I had to follow you from there on! I didn't realize that was only a year ago... boy hasn't alot happened in a year?

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I remember that post like it was yesterday! How could a year have pasted already? Ondrea is right - a lot sure has happened since then. I love Andrew's cute little face too!!!

Carey and Norman said...

Love the look back in time. What a sweetie you have!

Troy and Rachel said...

You just can't not love a face like that!! I remember you going on that trip for a much needed break! Boy, life sure is different now!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Love the pictures as usual!!! Would love to meet you in person...we will have to work on that.

We are home....

http://Iloveyoumorethanpeanutbutter.blogspot.com