Today we finalized the adoption on the Chinese side of the house. We still have the American part to due which will be finalized next week. Keith, Andrew and Nathan slept in the bed last night and boy did they all snore. Nathan coughed all night long, the poor thing. He also had an accident (or maybe 2 or 3!) but managed to sleep right through it.
We started the day by going back to the Civil Affairs office where we sat and sat and sat. We were asked if we would treat Nathan well and if we wanted to adopt him. Of course, we said yes! After that we went upstairs to the Notary office and answered many of the same questions again.
Nathan’s nap time is typically 12 – 2 and today he fell asleep right at 12 on the way back to the hotel.
We got back to the hotel, Keith laid him down and then Andrew had a meltdown. He has become the electronic king and God forbid he is asked to do something. He melted down, Nathan woke up and the 2 hour nap became 20 mins. Yippee!! Andrew and I walked to McDonald’s to grab a quick bite and then we came back to the hotel and ate.
Nathan shared his fries with Andrew and kept bringing him a few fries at a time. Andrew was quite smitten with the idea that Nathan was bringing him food.
After lunch, we had about an hour and a half to kill so we decided to throw the kids in a bath. They both are water rats (good thing since we love the lake!) and they play quite well in the tub.
(I really did try to get pictures of Andrew, for the record, but he kept turning his head on purpose. Finally got one good one (or so I thought) and it was quite blurry!)
After our mini-break, we got back on the bus and headed to the police station to get Nathan’s passport picture made. At that time, we also got his adoption certificate from China. Tomorrow we will be doing some shopping. The poor kiddo is SWIMMING in his clothes. The 3Ts and 4Ts I brought are huge. I’m guessing a 2T is what he needs now since he is all skin and bones but am hoping he fills out quickly. He has quite the belly, but not much else. Thankfully, I brought shoes in every shape and size because the measurement the orphanage gave me was way off.
We had time to Skype with Aunt Mandy and my parents tonight/last night/this morning – whenever that was! Definitely missing home. Haven’t had a chance to sight see but hopefully things will calm down a bit over the next few days.
We’re going to head up to the executive lounge for dinner instead of attempting to go out. A mama with no sleep and a 3 year old with no nap does not equal a good time out. By the way, this child is mischievous, which may just be an understatement. I think back to stories I’ve heard about my sister at a young age (sorry, Mandy!) and I think we might be in for the same kind of fun. He is testing, big time and has an obsession with escalators. If he sees one and you don’t have a hold of his hand… bam, he is long gone. I ran through the police station like a crazy woman today when he saw one.
I have yet to eat much food. I’m hoping the “China diet” proves to be affective. I’m not an adventurous eater and trust very little. Of course, what have I been eating? Carbs, all carbs. There goes the weight loss idea!
No proof reading so sorry for any typos. Need to go get little ones to eat before we lose our minds. :-)
Much love!
Becky
6 comments:
Your boys are so cute! I love that they are getting along so well. Nathan's smile is amazing!
Love the daily posts although I know it makes you exhausted! Make sure that K gets some pics of you with the boys! I am already thinking of songs for the Gotcha Day video - i know, far from your thoughts right about now! I love how Nathan gave Andrew his fries - so cute! And even more excited that he is mischevious :) A boy after my own heart!
I'm very impressed that you're taking the time to blog, despite being exhausted . . . we sure appreciate it! They look so adorable!
What a bunch of cuties - your hubby included!! Glad things are going well. Thanks for sharing the photos!
How sweet that he fell asleep on schedule. Love the photos and that the boys are getting along. Hope you get some rest.
You've got a couple of cuties there!! Don't worry. As you know, you'll get used to no sleep and eating on the run! : ) Enjoy and congratulations!
Post a Comment