Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Quick post

Quick post... long, rough, trying day.

Nathan is officially grieving. Lots of tantrums, tears, fights, etc... It was a rough day to say the least. Back arching, kicking, fighting... you name it! We are beyond exhausted and have used muscles we didn't even know we have.

Keith has a stomach thing going on. We went out to eat lunch today and he is not feeling well at all. Might have been because of the bunnies stuffed in the cage waiting to be cooked - ick.

Andrew is doing great. He has made friends with the 10 year old that has been adopted from our "team" as he calls it. They play catch, video games and communicate in their native language but seem to understand one another!

I'm hungry. Really hungry. After watching what Keith is going through, I'm thankful to be hungry and not sick. I have sympathy pains for him, but am still grateful for carbs and the lack of meat and vegetables in my life. Tonight's dinner? A glass of wine.

Speaking of dinner, we went up to the lounge again and Andrew and I walked through and looked at the food choices. He picked the simplest of things - mini-pancakes, cheese, crackers and pork. Little did I realize that the pork I gave him was pork belly. He ate it, loved it and I decided at that point I was not eating dinner. Belly just doesn't work for me, although the pancakes would have until that point. I'm so not an adventurous person and my stomach is easily turned!

Off to find the stomach meds for Keith. Poor guy - say a little prayer that he is feeling better tomorrow am! He is SO ready to come home - I think he would fly the 14 hour flight twice if it meant we could leave tomorrow.

XOXO
Becky

7 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Oh no! So sorry for all of you, well except for Andrew who seems to be having a blast! (Aside from the pork belly thing...ewwwwww!) I hope that you rest well tonight and find something non-yucky to eat, that Keith starts feeling human again, that Nathan realizes he is safe, loved and with the best family ever, and that Andrew continues having a blast! I'm headed to the store right now (8:40am ET) but will be back online again a little after 9am if you need another therapy session.

Hugs!!!
Kar

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh man - praying for Keith - that has to be miserable. Glad Andrew is hanging in there! Praying for Nathan to as he grieves and for you all as you deal with it. It will all be a memory one day! Keep eating only the pancakes-LOL!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry for all the troubles. I hope Nathan has a better day tomorrow so you can begin to do some sightseeing.

Nicole said...

Okay the food was scary really scary but I managed to loose nearly 10 pounds in 17 days . But when Bret told me I was starting to look like Calista Flockhart I really was not impressed :)I survived on carbs only :)
Pei grieved hard and there was no honeymoon at all. Trust me when I say this is such a good sign . It makes for such a tough in country trip but man a few months at home and he will attach beautifully!
Hang in there girl !
Nicole

Natasha said...

Oh Becky! Adoption sounds a little like child birth. It really sucks while you're going through it, but the end result is worth it. I will say a prayer for Keith's tummy, Nathan's heart, your hunger, and Andrew just because. Baseball tonight is at 7:45 so I will miss talking to you and keeping me company. See you all soon!

Dede said...

Sorry to hear that you had such a rough day. I hope everyone is feeling better and in better spirits tomorrow. I'm glad Andrew has found a friend to help him pass the time.

Bill and Myra said...

Ruslan grieved too when we were in Moscow. Since Sergei didn't we were caught off guard. He was mischievous like Nathan too. It will get better. We had to find ways to soothe him. Sometimes it was watching a cartoon. Sometimes singing to him, etc.

Sorry, Keith is so sick. I hope he gets better soon.

Myra