Apparently, day 2 of jet lag is worse than day 1. We went to bed around 8:30 last night and I woke up around 1:00am unable to go back to sleep. I kept having a nightmare that Andrew was taken from the play area in the Korean airport by a man. I kept trying to go back to sleep to "fix it" but each time I did, the dream was worse. So very odd. Andrew woke up around 2:00, unable to sleep as well. Keith? Yeah, he snored and snored. :-)
Andrew and I attempted to go back to sleep but instead decided to go down to the lobby and play a few games. The kind receptionist opened up the little store so we could get a drink and some Pringles. We found some comfy chairs in the lobby, munched on chips, chatted and figured out how to use Skype from my cell phone. Called and spoke with my sister briefly and then played a few games.
Around 5:00 am, Keith was up so we headed back upstairs. At 7:00 we headed to the breakfast buffet and then left the hotel around 10:00 to go to the train station. The train was a piece of cake. We had a taxi take us to Hung Hom train station and we paid a man to take our luggage in for us. We checked our luggage and then headed to McDonald's so Andrew could have breakfast part 2. Once they opened the gate, we went to a waiting area and then on to the train.
The ride was uneventful. I had the pleasure of using the squatty potty bathroom on the train. Man, does that take some coordination (and strong thigh muscles)! We arrived in Guangzhou train station just before 2:00 pm (Guangzhou is 1 hour behind Hong Kong), went through immigration and then met our guide at the bottom of the escalator.
Veronica is our guide and is so sweet. Reminds me so much of the time we spent with Katya when we were in Russia. She told us all about Guangzhou on the half hour ride to the hotel. Can you believe that Guangzhou has a population of 10 million people? Yikes! Traffic is pretty miserable, but I think Moscow still has it beat. We checked into our hotel and are SO glad we upgraded to the suite. Money we didn't expect to spend but will be worth it when we have a 3 year old that naps. I'll post pictures of the suite tomorrow - too tired right now.
We're now waiting for room service. Pasta for Andrew and I and a burger for Keith. Yup, we're pretty adventurous! Once we eat we are going straight to bed. Tomorrow is THE big day. Veronica will be here to pick us and 4 other families up at noon. We'll first head to the bank to exchange money for our orphanage donation and then we'll head to the civil affairs office to get Nathan!! Apparently, we take a large charter bus for these types of things. Should be interesting!! We really need to come up with a list of questions for the nanny before then as well.
Well, pray I get some sleep. Something tells me that adding a 3 1/2 year old to our family on zero sleep won't go well, especially for a certain 6 year old who is just miserable right now. :-)
Night, night!
Becky
6 comments:
Praying for sleep for you and Andrew! I laughed at your comment about how well Keith slept! Girl I can so relate when we were in Russia. Excited for you tomorrow!!
Yay!! The big day is tomorrow. I am so so happy for you. I really hope you & Andrew are able to catch up on some shut eye tonight. You realize I am not going to be able to work tomorrow, waiting for updates either here or on FB, right?! Take care Becky!
I hope you get the rest you need. Can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow!
So, so, SO excited for all of you! :)
Nancy
Can't wait for tomorrow!! Troy would have snored and snored too!! How do they do that?!?!
So excited for you guys!
If I know you like I think I do you packed your sense of humor ... unpack it when you get Nathan :) And try to get some sleep!!!!!!
Where are you guys staying?
Nicole
who is living through you right now!!!!!!
Post a Comment