Friday, June 29, 2007

I hate essay questions

Jenn asked a great question on my blog re: the testing we've had to do. I'm so happy to say it is DONE. Well, if we passed Part 4 of our test, which is debatable. From what I understand, in order to comply with the Hague Convention guidelines, a minimum of 10 hours of pre-adoptive training is required. There was a "start date" for this and apparently we are part of the new process.

We had to watch 4 DVDs with different adoptive parenting info: attachment (that was tonight's), sensory integration dysfunction, the unmet need of the child and something else I can't remember. The DVD was two parts - "The Science" and "The Parenting Plan". The first 3 tests were multiple choice and tonight, to our surprise, was part multiple choice and part short answer. All about attachment. Well, goodness gracious! I paid attention but not essay-question-kind-of-attention. So that test gets hand graded (oh and I take one test and K takes one test - we're graded separately) and we'll know in a week. Something tells me we'll be re-watching DVD 4. Yikes!

My dossier made it safely to St. Louis. I called today to be sure and found out my coordinator is on vacation until July 11th. Someone else is going to be double checking to make sure I have everything I need done and done correctly so I can fix things next week if need be. Long story short, we won't know much about a region until the coordinator is back and had time to review my dossier, meet with the director and come up with a few options. I would guess we'd know a day or two after she gets back but I will NOT call her on Friday the 13th to find out. Superstitions!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy 4th of July! I don't plan on blogging before then, but I am a chatty cathy so I'm sure I'll think of something to say!

Becky

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahh...July 11th? We've got the same coordinator then!! :)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

GREAT NEWS! I'm so happy your dossier is on its way!! Congrats! Now the waiting begins. Stay busy to pass the time and be sure to keep in touch!
:)Adrienne

Sira said...

You have completed such a huge step with sending in your dossier-I will be checking in to see how the waiting goes. Congratulations

Allison said...

Huge step!! Can't wait to hear what region your assigned.