Well... hopefully they will be delivering my little bundle of papers to St. Louis! :-) Dropped the package off at UPS this morning and it's scheduled for 10:30am delivery tomorrow! I'll be calling the coordinator in St. Louis tomorrow to ensure it's safe delivery.
Hmmm... I think I just realized I forgot to put all of our pictures in there. I only packaged up the papers. Oopsy daisy. Guess I'll be doing that tomorrow.
Tonight we'll be watching our last 2 videos and taking the last 2 tests. They need to be completed before the dossier can be sent to Russia and the testing agency reports scores the first week of the month so we have until Saturday to finish the tests.
I'm so relieved to have this paperwork done, yet now nothing is controllable. I'm a control freak (yes, it's true), so this next part will be hard for me. I like to know when things are happening and why so this will be a big lesson in "letting go". Those of you that have known me the longest should really enjoy watching me go from my type-a self to a type-b. (sarcasm) Or, more likely, watching my type-a self have some "moments". :-) Ohhhh... my poor husband. I really am going to try to not let this waiting consume my life. I'm going to try my hardest to be thankful for the time I have and do things I won't be able to do once the peanut is home. Yep, gonna try!
Maybe tomorrow I'll have some region news for you?!?! For those of you working with CHI, how soon after you turned in your dossier did you know what region you were going to? I'm guessing a little longer than 4 hours? :-) Wishful thinking...
Becky
6 comments:
We sent ours on 5/11/06 and they told us on 5/16/06 that Moscow was our region.
LOL...I promise I'll be there to talk you down off the ledge. Or at least get a drink with you after work! Or maybe even more productive...hit the gym after work. Anyway I appreciate you being a sounding board for me this week and I'm happy to return the favor. I have a feeling it will be the first time of many for both of us over the next few months.
What a wonderful feeling!!! Hooray for you! Don't worry about not sending the pics - just drop them in the mail & it will be just fine! Seems like I did something like that -- though at the moment, I can't remember what.
Just went back and checked my blog - here's a quick quote, "...and realized that I HAD NOT enclosed our dossier fee in that important box!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder of all wonders, since I had written “do not forget $X check” on the page where I had Natalia’s address printed out!"
So there you have it - stuff gets forgotten all the time - at least you only forgot the pictures! ha ha
We FedExed our dossier on 11/2/06 - and got a choice of 2 regions on 11/6/06: Tver & Vladivostok. We made the final decision on 11/7/06 and we got confirmation that our dossier had been sent on 11/17/06.
Way more info than you wanted, but there it is!
Congratulations on sending your dossier!!! Yea!! I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend without worrying about paperwork to be completed! Keep us posted on what you learn about a region! I look forward to hearing where you will be going to get your little one!
Alright - now I will be stalking your blog waiting to hear a region!! So if you get a record number of hits you'll know it's me. Congratulations on joining the waiting for a referral crowd!!
We're working with Alliance, so I can't answer those questions for you, but I'm thrilled for you that you are one step closer to getting Peanut! Take it one day at a time! (that's the only think I can think to say being on THIS side of the process! By the time I'd have "the right thing to say," Peanut will be home in your arms!!
One questions for you, though- what is the testing that you're doing? I haven't heard of any testing at this point, so that peaked my interest.
Have a great weekend!!
Post a Comment