Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Forgetful

I'm still forgetful. I am hoping this is a phase, but I'm starting to wonder! I started telling Keith a story the other night and he gets this little smirk on his face. I stopped and said "What are you smirking at?" He laughs and says "I know. This is the third time you've told me this." The 3rd time?!?!? Not just the 3rd time, but the 3rd time in 24 hours. How do I not remember telling the same story 3 times?

Speaking of which, I was blow drying my hair this morning (I do my best thinking then) and realized DUH! I didn't include a return airbill thingy when I sent my FBI prints off (for the 2nd time because the 1st time I forgot to do everything - see this post). So yes, another forgetful moment.

On top of all of that, I FORGOT to mention in our blog that our dossier arrived in Moscow safely, thanks to the family carrying it with them. Or maybe I did tell you and I don't remember? Heck, that's very, very possible!

So what's next? (I'm going to write this out just incase I forget).
  • Medicals - Picked those up today and need to get them apostilled and sent to the agency
  • Wait for our FBI clearance which will now be coming via pony express
  • Our dossier is being translated as I type this and we're hoping it's done by next Friday (29th)
  • Once translated, we wait for it to be registered and then receive travel dates!

Keith has gone to visit his mom and dad for the weekend and so I'm going to work on cleaning and a bit of shopping. I need to start buying the travel necessities so that when we do get to the point of booking travel I don't freak out. Let's be honest... I'm so totally going to FREAK OUT!

I think I'm getting nervous. How many times on this blog have I complained about waiting? And being impatient and upset? Soooooo many (see! I remember that!). Well, now I feel like we're truly on the right path and I keep thinking "slow down!". Slow down!?!?! Why would I be thinking that? I think it's because I'm slightly nutso! :-)

If anyone has any suggestions for this remembering problem I'm having, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Off to bed. Maybe I need more sleep! :-)

Becky

21 comments:

Joy said...

Becky,
I have been in that slow down mode for a couple of weeks now. I think it is normal for you to feel that way because since you have changed agencies it has been a world wind of progress.
Joy

Ryan and Amy said...

Sorry Becky - no good advice, most days I'm in that same forgetful boat. I will tell you that in my experience its totally normal to be more forgetful with the 2nd dossier - I forgot all those little things. Get some more sleep and get out and do some fun things with that hubbie of yours - you'll be glad you did in a few months.

Dede said...

My advice is to make lots and lots of lists. I stay in forgetful mode and if it wasn't for my To-Do lists, I would never remember to get anything done.

Carey and Norman said...

You're hilarious. I love it. When I get stressed, I cannot focus either. It is all a blur. That is why I always plan ahead and organize everything, so I don't have to worry when it comes to last minute details.

Congrats on the Dossier in Russia. I'm so excited and hope to hear news of travel very soon!!

Tiger & Kar said...

You're hilarious! Hey, at least you're not waking up to "la cucaracha" at 3am! If that starts happening, then you've REALLY got problems.

My lists have lists, and even some of them have lists! I've been forgetful as well and Norm's been great taking it all in stride.

As far as your dossier & translation...I STILL think you & I are traveling at the same time. It would be great if that happened! When you find out that your the translation is complete, you can tell C if you have a specific travel week in mind & they'll do their best to make it happen. wink wink!

Deb said...

It's just the pregnancy making you forget!! LOL :-)

Pull out all the lists and keep them close. You're so close. It's very exciting.

Troy and Rachel said...

You crack me up. I think you deserve a few 'forgetful' days!! Between the whirlwind change in agencies and putting together a whole dossier in the blink of an eye - I think you are doing great!

Laura S said...

You crack me up! I'd blame work for the forgetgetfulness. You have been crazy busy so its bound to be that, right?

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I totally understand where you are coming from!! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear more!

Heather & Jason said...

I'm right there with ya Becky! I could have written this post myself except a few changes to the dossier details. Hang in there- Its going to be okay!

ana said...

I carried a little notebook around with me, and had a list on my computer too! I know exactly what you mean about the slow down. I was so eager for months, and then when it finally got close, it was "wait a minute!" The time before the 1st trip is definitely a mixture of nerves and excitement and lack of sleep! Sounds like you'll be meeting your little one soon though!

Carol said...

I am devoted to lists!! Lists and boxes that is my secret. A good packing list and boxes devoted to trip one and trip 2/3. We have our boxes going in the closet right now, as I buy non date specific items in the box they go. This includes disposable items, blankets, chargers, converters, everything.

Bill and Myra said...

Too funny! You have been through a lot in the last month, switching agencies, a son driving, redoing your dossier... It is understandable. I think you should sleep or have a spa day! Although the spa day is more expensive than your $10 nap!

Myra

Mama Fish said...

LOL! Becky- You have me smiling here at the computer....you are so funny! I wish we were traveling together as you would be a hoot to travel with! The forgetfulnessis just in preparation for your little one.... :-) I can not wait to hear when you get a referral!

Melissa said...

I also suggest lists, lists, & more lists.

In addition to your lists, write the very most important things on your hand. Other people will be able to see those most important things, like when you are writing a check at the grocery store (so don't write PRIVATE important things - or if you do, write in code). But since I was a teenager, if it was time-sensitive, it got written on my hand.

Got me in a world of trouble with my mom. But it has worked for the past 15 years of my life. Might as well not reinvent the wheel!

:)

You old lady, you! ;)

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Watch Disney's movie, Finding Nemo, and laugh along with Dorie the fish. You will see how forgetful can be cute! Why fight it?

junglemama said...

How exciting! Hope they translate fast!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm so glad to hear that your dossier is in Moscow! It sounds like you all are rolling along very quickly! Great news! You better get that nursery ready girl! :)

junglemama said...

There always seems to be something with adoption. I'm very forgetful myself. It will be okay!

Carol said...

Are you forgetting to post? I love your humor! Give us something!!!

Melissa said...

Dang, Carol beat me to a witty comment.

So are you? Are you forgetting to post for a week & a half? Have you forgotten about your faithful readers??