Thursday, March 26, 2009

A funny

I think I mentioned before that my son is becoming the master manipulator. Actually both boys are - the young and the old. Andrew is starting much earlier than Alex and could probably teach Alex a thing or two. :-)

I worked from home today. We had a meeting with the college counselor at Alex's school and that ended late, it was pouring rain and I really needed to get some uninterrupted work done (yes, with a 3 year old under foot - I know, I'm not very smart). Andrew took a nice long nap and once he was up we put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - his favorite episode - "Goofy's Bird".
It is actually quiet cute and it was the first thing he ever watched and started laughing all by himself.

So, to set the stage, I had a diet coke next to me on the table that Andrew had repeatedly asked for. I gave him juice instead which would hold him over only until he decided he wanted my soda again. As the show went on, we started pretending we were Mommy Bird and Baby Bird. The conversation went like this:

Me: I'm your Mommy Bird. Tweet-tweet-tweet.
Andrew: I'm your Baby Bird. Tweet-tweet-tweet. Mommy Bird loves Baby Bird.
Me: Yes she does, very much. I love you Baby Bird.
Andrew: I love you Mommy Bird. Very Much.
Me: Tweet-tweet-tweet.
Andrew (bottom lip stuck out, sweet little look on his face): Mommy Bird loves Baby Bird. (kiss on the cheek, big hug) Mommy Bird should give Baby Bird a sip... just onnnneee sip... of the soda.

Hehehe... So clever. And so manipulative.

Yes, he got a sip. How can you say no to a face like that?

I love my Baby Bird... he's such a character.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, it definitely did not take him long to pick up on the Mixon charm :-)

Kami said...

Aww... I love it! How could you resist after that? :) Such a clever boy!

Amy said...

He is SOOOO smart and yes a master manipulator. AMAZING. Politics in his future??

Laura S said...

Too cute. Its so funny that the boys have completely reversed on TV shows. We hardly watch MM any more and are all about LE.

Jane and Jim said...

Yeah, that would be VERY hard to resist!
I'd give him a sip too.
Sweetie pie...

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Too funny. I have to post one of Dmitry's manipulations now. They are so obvious but so well thought out!

Carey and Norman said...

Who teaches them how to get their way so early in life? Is it our faults that we can't say no to their cuteness?

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

very sweet!

Kim said...

Very, very cute and clever! Did he like the soda? My kids don't like the carbonation and actually cried when they got their sip. :)

Kim