Monday night Alex had a lacrosse game (they tied 5-5!) and then tonight everyone just dropped everything when they came in, namely me! I do have a bit to do but thanks to my WONDERFUL SISTER WHOSE BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW (Happy Birthday, Mandy!), I will have some help Thursday night. I've promised her food and a warm bed in exchange for mopping. Who could pass that up? Obviously, not Mandy!
This weekend is the first non-running around weekend in forever. Alex will be at his mom's, no lacrosse games, no cleaning to do, nowhere to be! Of course it'll probably be 80 degrees so I'll feel guilty staying in my pj's all weekend. Whoops! I just realized I have my accounting project due Sunday... that I still haven't started... guess I'll be in my pajamas doing accounting work. In between naps of course!
Oh - an update on the medical debacle. The drs office doesn't want to give me copies of the doctor's license but thankfully the adoption agency said we can get around it if I can't charm them into giving me copies. They also wouldn't give me his license # so I can type it into the form. Why? Who the heck knows. It's not like I'm never going to see it - they are going to hand write it on the medical form. Whatever floats your boat! A side note - Keith and I got our blood test results back and yeppers! We both have high cholesterol - only a little high. Guess I need to cut back on that butter and mayo, huh? (Do you think the brownies I have in the oven now will help lower it?? What's the logic, Col? Chocolate has cocoa in it, cocoa is a bean, beans are veggies?? AMEN!)
Lynnda.... if you want to fly in and mop just let me know when you'll be here! :-) To all of you following the Katy/Alex marriage plans, they are well on their way. Not only did they both decide to join the swim team this year, but they both won the Coach's Award - in two separate states (CA and GA). Destiny, isn't it?
Off to my brownies.... Love to all!
3 comments:
You're right on the money with the new and improved food pyramid! Actually a bean is considered a protein, so it's not technically a veggie. But if you use vegatable oil in your brownie mix, that covers the vegetable requirement! On a side note, you may not want to mention this particular version of the food pyramid during your home visit. :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MANDY!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE your brownie justification! We love chocolate and consider it its own food group that we must eat some of every day :O) Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. Don't worry a bit about your home study! It'll go great. I'm so sorry the doctor's office has been such a pain. I guess we just got lucky with ours! Have a great weekend!
Adrienne
If you make the dark chocolate brownies you can definitely justify it.. Dark chocolate is good for you! You know I would come mop for you anytime. Dang the 2000 miles between us! And as far as Katie and Alex go - I can't wait to be related to you guys.. We just need to get them to cooperate. Arranged marriages work - don't they? :-)
Post a Comment