Just a quick little post to update you on our drs appts today... What a blast that was!
In my mind it's very simple. I need 2 forms - one for my home study (hand written, no biggy) and one in a specific format, written a specific way, signed a specific way, etc... I have that document all typed up and ready to go, just need to email it to someone or give them a disc. Easy, right?? Not quite.
My nurse filled out my home study form with no issues at all. Keith's nurse (same practice)won't fill his out until his labs come back. These forms should only contain information that will prohibit us from being able to parent. Ugh. Is it a really big deal? No. His labs will be back next week and we just need the form prior to next Friday. Just a mini inconvenience.
I spoke to my nurse about the Russian medical form (the one that needs to be exact) and she suggested I talk to the office manager because she doesn't think they have email or a disc drive (huh??). I decided that rather then try to get the office manager while I was there I would call and leave a message to see if she can help me out with that form. Hopefully she'll call back and we'll be able to work something out.
The problem with these forms are that if one little itsy bitsy thing is wrong, your dossier (pile of Russian paperwork) will be rejected and back to the drawing board you go. The idea is to have all i's dotted and t's crossed before it hits Russian soil. I'm anal-retentive about these things anyway, so I really only want to do it once.
Thanks to everyone I emailed/called today in a panic over these forms. I really will relax. I promise!
2 comments:
Make sure all the dates match and they sign them in blue ink too if possible! The ink is less important than the dates matching, but blue is preferred :O)
I'm looking to following yor adoption journey. I am also going through CHI, but we are adopting from Vietnam.
Post a Comment