Keith also went and was re-printed. This time, electronically. He passed with a 95% (the clarity of the prints - they still need to be processed by the GBI) and as soon as he got home I ran to the post office and got them in the mail. Every day counts, you know!
In honor of these little milestones, I think I'll live like a Mixon dog this weekend. Sleep, sleep, sleep, eat, sleep, sleep, sleep. It's something I won't get much of once the Peanut is home so better take advantage of it now! I might get some scrapbooking done too... oh and some homework!
So what are the next steps? (this is more for me, but feel free to read along!)
- Review home study report, wait for Keith's GBI report and then send to USCIS.
- While waiting for USCIS approval, complete dossier docs
- Find a few daycares that will allow me to put an unknown child of an unknown age with an unknown social security number and an unknown name on a waiting list for an unknown date.
- Contact and interview a few IA doctors and contact Marcus Institute for information on referral evaluations
- Determine if we want to fly a Moscow Dr to meet the Peanut (if our region/baby house allows it)
- Take the 10 hours of training required by the Hague Treaty
That's a big enough list for now... If I add anymore I won't be able to sleep all weekend because I'll feel like I should be doing things! For those of you in the middle of the process or that have been through the process - let me know if I'm missing something major!! I'm still hoping to get my dossier all buttoned up over the summer - hopefully as early as July, depending on USCIS approval, of course!
Apparently, I'm not making dinner tonight since it's 5:55 and Keith is sleeping and I have nothing defrosted. I swear, I think I could afford 20 adoptions if I just stopped eating out so much... and probably lose some weight as well! Hmmm... Maybe PF Chang's. YUM!
Have a great weekend everyone! I may be quiet for a while since we're in a holding pattern. Wait... me? Quiet? HA! Even I can laugh at that one!
Miss everyone!
B&K
3 comments:
Glad everything went well! I am laughing b/c I am reading this at 8am on Saturday, have been up for 2 hours, and am so envious of your ability to snooze the weekend away....maybe I can be a Mixon dog for a day too? I'll daydream about that today...in the meantime, bank some sleep- you deserve it! :)
Glad the home visit went smoothly. The anticipation is always so much more stressful thsn it really actually is. I stopped by Tuesday morning in the strip mall for my first time and thought of you when I did. They had dolls of the world and they had Russian doll. If you have Tuesday Morning or is it Tuesday Afternoon by you, you might want to check it out. The doll was originally $30, selling for $15 there and on clearance for 25% off, so a little less than $12.
Yeah! Glad the home visit all went well and that you got Ks prints resubmitted. I told John and Katie what you guys were doing and they totally dug it.. Yeah for the Mixons! Adoption rocks (says the girl who was adopted!) Love you guys!
PS - I want to be a Mixon dog, too.. They have the BEST life!
Post a Comment