Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Presentation

I had a presentation to give today. Of course, I only began working on it Sunday night and finished it Monday afternoon. It wasn't a big presentation, but it was in front of my entire team so I needed to be sure to include all of the details since they'll be shouldering my work while I'm out.

I had just begun the presentation - was on the first slide. We were sitting in a "U" shape configuration. My phone rang and I quickly realized it was my agency. I commented out loud "oh, it's my agency - I'll send them to voicemail" and did so. One of my co-workers started saying "no, no - answer it!" I said "No" and that I would call them back after I was done. Everyone gave me a hard time about not answering which cracked me up. At this point, I'm shaking, palms are sweating and I try to read the next bullet point on the slide. It came out at 90 million miles and hour and made no sense. Everyone laughed, Debora (my co-worker) stood up and said "10 minute break!".

I ran outside, called the agency and yes............

WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!!

June 27th! We have to be in Russia on June 25th, will see the Peanut on the 26th and then court on the 27th. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?

Of course, here I am, at an offsite staff meeting in the mountains, I have no paperwork, no visa apps, no passports, no access to my bank account to start getting money... you name it, I don't have it. Thankfully, we go home around noon tomorrow so the fun will begin!

As of right now, Gotcha Day may be the 9th of July and we'll be coming home on the 15th. WOOOHOOOOOO!!!

One word of advice to anyone waiting for dates - go on vacation or out of town. When I went on vacation, we got our referral travel dates. I went away on a staff meeting and we get our court date. Coincidence? Maybe...

Anyhow... off to have fun with my co-workers. More of an update tomorrow night!
Becky

40 comments:

Mark and Sinziana said...

Yeah!!! I love great news! I am so happy you got your court date soo soon and have 2 weeks to plan! I know, it's not a lot of time, but I remember how different the wait was when we finally got your date on paper! Congratulations!

Susan said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations and what great news. So let me see, how long until we get to see pictures of Peanut with a July 9th Gotcha Day??!!

Anonymous said...

woohoooooo!!!!!!!!!! that's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! I tried to call you today as soon as I found out...no wonder you didn't answer the phone! I am so, so happy for you! Nothing ever happened when I went on vacation?!?! CONGRATS!

your friend,
Renae

Kevin T. said...

Hi Becky! I am so excited for you, Keith and your family! We may take you up on that advice of going away - Maybe to Montauk in Long Island for a weekend. That is so great that the court date came up so quickly - What a blessing! Can't wait to follow your next adventure and meet little Peanut!! Teresa

Nicole said...

Wow! What great news! We all can't wait to meet the peanut!
Congrats,
Nicole

Tiger & Kar said...

Yippee!!!! Ilya & I just did a happy dance for you, Keith & Peanut. We are so, so happy for you. If you need any help at all or have questions while you plan, shoot me an email. You'll have a blast w/ Ron & Dinia. Give them both a huge hug from all of us!

Oh, and what day should we plan on meeting you at the fountain??!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!!! Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you!!! Can hardly wait to follow your adventures in the coming weeks...

MandyJo013078 said...

Becky-
I'm so happy for you! Congrats! I can't wait for you to go get the Peanut and bring him home! Oh yeah and I'm so excited to see pictures of your little guy too! I've been wanting to hear from you on how you are doing! I just didn't know if I should email and ask or not just because I'm sure the waiting is so hard! Congrats again! I can't wait for you to go get him! Russia here they come!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are soo happy for you guys!!!!
Margaret and Bill

Amy said...

OMG!!! This is great great news. Congrats on getting the Court Date Call. Keep us posted.

JennStar said...

Holy goodness!!!! What incredible news!!! I am so excited fr you guys!!!

Troy and Rachel said...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I am so excited for you!! It always happens when you least expect it!! Can't wait to hear how the travel plans are going!

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. That is great news! Peanut will be so happy to see you again. I can't wait to see more pictures! 2 weeks away the count down starts!

Allison said...

YEAH!!!! I am SO excited for you. This time next month your little peanut will be in your arms forever. Yahoo!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT news!!! Congratulations!!! (and thank goodness for Debora!)

Dana and Scott said...

Yippy Skippy!

Jane said...

Awesome! This is great news. Now I can't wait to see pictures of the little peanut! I can't beleive how quickly some of you are getting court dates.

Shane & Marie said...

Congrats on your court date! That is wonderful news.

Bill and Myra said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! This is great news. I am so happy for you and the Peanut!

Congrats!

Myra

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

YEAH!!! I am thrilled for you!

We are tentatively scheduled to be traveling that way on June 26 or 27. It would be so cool to run into you guys at Fridays or something.

P.S. You might want to start packing as soon as you get home. ;0)

Beth said...

Congrats Becky! Two weeks to plan for your return, too! Can't wait to see picture of Peanut. Have fun making travel arrangements.

Mama Fish said...

Becky! Congratulations!!! That is so funny about your presentation. I am glad someone said 10 minute break. lol! That would be pretty cool if you and Kim could hook up at Fridays. I'm so excited that your court date is sooo quick! He'll be home in no time!

ana said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news!

Over Caffeinated Mama said...

Finally, some good news and progress, hopefully we're not far behind!

Ondrea

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! YEAAAAA!!!! Oh, I can't wait to see your sweet little man!!! You will have a little one in your house next month!!!! Can't wait to meet him!

Mary and Michael said...

Becky, YEAH!!!! Congrats on your court date. I'm so happy for you both. Awesome news!

Joy said...

Oh how cool!! I just can not believe that you are on your way. I can not wait to see the pictures. What wonderful news.

arrione said...

YAY!! I have been waiting to hear news, and am so glad you all have you FINAL dates now....Just Awesome--Congrats!!!

kate said...

Fabulous news! Things are really happening in bloggerdom...

Melissa said...

OH MY! That's right around the corner!! I'm SOOOOOO excited!!!!!!! Yeah, either you go on vacation or get your coordinator to go on vacation (which is what happened to us)...seems like a pretty failproof plan! ;)

Many ((HUGS)) and lots of happy dancing!!

True Story said...

amen!
i have really enjoyed reading your blog, keep us posted from Russia!
Sandy

Michael and Denise said...

HI there, first off let me say, HOLY COW!! CONGRATULATIONS! That was fast. I have been following your blog for the past 3 weeks or so and its been great. My husband and I are awaiting our travel dates and leave for a short vacation tomorrow, so maybe that will bring us luck. You guys will be on the plane before you know it and bringing your little guy home. Best of luck and I will continue to follow your journey.

Dede said...

Congrats! Hurry up and get home and start packing! ;-)

Ditto on telling Ron and Dinia hello!

Janine said...

I was wondering when we would hear your good news!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you that you got the good news and get to go back so soon!! Yeah!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Laura S said...

Sorry so late to the party! LOL!! Congratulations. I am so excited for you guys and we can't wait to meet him!!

Good luck with all the prep today and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo ... Congrats

Deb said...

Yahoo!!! What great news and what a wonderful story of getting the news. Congratz!!!!!!

Kathryn said...

That is such great news! That's only 2 weeks away, not even. I can't wait to continue with you on this little journey. Soon, we will all get to see your little peanut's picture!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you all!! Let the packing begin--you're going to be there in no time!! :)