Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fight or Flight?

Just like the title says... Fight or Flight?? I think, in order to keep fighting we need to escape for a while so YES - I DID IT! Keith and I might not be taking a flight somewhere but we are going to go on a mini vacation!

I booked us 4 nights during the first weekend in April in Destin, FL. It may be financially irresponsible, but boy do we need the break! Alex will be in AZ with his grandparents and his mom's side of the family so we just need someone to watch our dogs. Granted, it won't be beach weather but there is something about ocean and sand that refreshes a person. We're going to bring a few beach chairs, bundle up if we need to, dig our toes in the sand and chill out. No computers (well, we'll have a computer for Keith's emergency work purposes only), no stress - just sleep and relaxation!

Best part is, we're staying at a Marriott so not only are we vacationing, but we'll get the last bit of points we need in order to stay at a Marriott in Moscow for free! Do you see how I rationalize a bad spending decision? :-)

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who emailed, called and posted encouraging comments on the last few blog posts. So many people brought up so many good points and made me feel so much lighter about everything happening. We do know that our son isn't ready for us yet and/or we're still needed at home! Every choice we've made so far has been for a reason. In hindsight, maybe they weren't the best decisions but regardless, they will lead us to our little Peanut!

The blog world is so supportive and I just don't know what I would do throughout this without all of you, our friends and family! You guys rock! :-)

Onto good news... awesome, amazing news actually! Rachel and Troy got their court date! No, this is not an April Fool's joke (or course it's not April so it couldn't be!)! 4 days after getting home, they got a court date!!! I am so darn excited for them!

Hugs!
Becky

23 comments:

Joy said...

Okay I am jealous! I am freezing here in New Jersey. Every year for the past 4 years I have told Gerard I want to go somewhere is February or March.

Have a great time enjoy every minute. By the way I think it is perfectly reasonable to go if you get to stay for free in Moscow.
Joy

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

A vacation is a great idea! This will be perfect for you to get away. Enjoy the warm weather!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

GOOD. FOR. YOU.!!!!!!!! :o) ENJOY EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF YOUR TRIP!!!!

arrione said...

Yahoo for you!!!! I have already told my husband if our family does not get the call by mid-April, we will be taking a few days in San Diego to get a hold of our emotions and appreciate all the blessings we already have been granted in life...Nothing like the water and sand to remind us all how great life is, right??
Have a wonderful trip!!!
Marriott points are REALLY a necessity after all:)

JennStar said...

Good for you! And what a great perk to be able to use the points in Moscow.
And on a cutsie note- what if the reason you have not gotten your referal yet is because we're supposed to be over there at the same time- we're 2nd in the line we're standing in. ;o)

Mama Fish said...

Hi Becky! Checking in from Florida.... I am envious of your trip, as it is sans kids. Enjoy that time with Keith, as it really is a precious commodity. I would love to get away with Chris and just chill by ourselves, read, sleep, veg on the beach. So,enjoy it! One good thing is that you will be in the Moscow region, so you might get to use all those Marriott points.

The Wilson's said...

Just what the dr ordered. I'm glad you all are getting away it will help refresh you and I do hope that it renews your spirit!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, it sure could be beach weather in April! :) How fun - the water is SO clear there! And hooray for Marriott points - it would seem irresponsible NOT to take this Destin trip...you know, for the Peanut!

Heather & Jason said...

Becky,
Good for you! You deserve a vacation! I'm sorry its been so stressful for you in the waiting time. I know its hard-believe me. May you find joy and refreshment in the warmth of the sun and sand! I am jelous (Im in Iowa and its still COLD!)

Kevin T. said...

Hi!! I am so happy for you that you are taking a vacation! - That is the best thing ever! Please bring back some of that sunshine with you!! Have an amazing time...
Teresa

Carol said...

Yeah, yeah warm sun and sand, I could find a zillion ways to justify that! Here in the cold north we have rain, snow and mud and I am off to Indianapolis for the week, certainly not warm and sunny :). Enjoy your trip. Do all those things that are near impossible when you have a new baby.

Troy and Rachel said...

Thanks for being so excited for us and you DESERVE the vacation. Did those toes in for me too! You'll love Destin and just enjoy some husband and wife time, because one day we will all be wondering where that time went!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip and you must take lots of pictures!!

ana said...

The beach sounds like an excellent idea!!!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Becky, I just caught up on your last 2 posts, and I'm so sorry to hear that you are going to have to wait longer-how frustrating when you are so close! Maybe you'll be surprised and get a call when you least expect it! I hope you all have a wonderful vacation and that you can relax and just enjoy being in Destin. Have fun!

Janine said...

I'm glad to hear you are taking a vacation. There is nothing like a little beach time to refresh the batteries. Breathe deep. Enjoy!

Laura S said...

Yay!! And you might be surprised by the weather. It can be very nice down there at that time of year. Not hot, hot, hot...but still nice. And its a perfect time/place to play with your new lens!

Happy Easter!! And next week we will get together. Promise.

Mary and Michael said...

Have a wonderful vacation. You deserve a break. This whole thing is so stressful so take time to relax and enjoy yourself. You will come back all refreshed. Have fun!

Susan said...

I think that sounds like a great idea. Destin is so beautiful and that sand is like sugar. Love it! Plus that outlet mall is FAB-U-LOUS!!! Enjoy your trip.

Deb said...

We are planning a vacation as well. It's a must during the long wait. So enjoy it and don't feel guilty while you are there. You need the break. You'll come back so refreshed.

Carey and Norman said...

I'm glad to hear about your vacation plans. Good rational thinking on the Marriot points. Too funny. Destin in April will be nice. We went in October of 2006 and it was very nice. The water can be cool, but the sun should be warm. Enjoy. I can't wait to hear how the weather will be!

Melissa said...

Oh girl, go and enjoy yourself!! The weather was cool but nice this past week, so in April, hopefully it will be be-au-ti-ful!! A wonderful escape from reality!! :)

Ryan and Amy said...

So glad you guys are getting away - you'll come back fresh and reenergized. Great idea!

Allison said...

I think that is a great idea. I actually decided the same thing and the Monkey and I are heading to Florida next week for a little R&R. (What is it they say about great minds thinking alike?!?!) Have a great time!