Saturday, March 1, 2008

FBI Clearance - Check!

Another thing to check off the list! I'm happy to report that we received our FBI Clearances in the mail today. Not just the "please expedite for use in International Adoption" set, but also the "I have no idea how to follow directions" set. So we are now the proud owners of 2 sets of FBI clearances.

Thankfully, we did NOT have to have a Jerry Springer moment after opening them. Neither of us has a record. :-) Am I the only one that wondered what I would do if my significant other had hidden some deep dark past from me? :-) I think I watched too much Montel Williams, Maurey Povich and Jerry Springer in high school/college. I mean, what if Keith wasn't really Keith but was someone else because he's in the witness protection program (also know as WITSEC). I'm reading "The Blue Zone" by Andrew Gross and am apparently transfering it to my real life. Good book, by the way. :-)

We're off to the outlet mall to buy some luggage (we're desperate) and to buy some other necessities - like legos. Yep, those are a necessity.

8 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

Wow! You guys are on the move. I'm so happy things are coming together for you...you'll meet your little one soon.
Did I read correctly that you changed agencies? To who?

I can't wait to read your "in stone" dates!!!

Mary and Michael said...

Oh Becky, that is great news. I have been watching your blog hoping for an update. Even if the 23rd doesn't work out with your agency, at least you know your traveling is just around the corner. That is awesome. I look forward to hearing some definite news soon.

Tiger & Kar said...

Hey - great minds think alike! We went luggage shopping today as well. I guess I forgot about the legos though... darn it all!

ana said...

Congrats on getting your FBI clearances done. Another thing off the list! You're getting closer every day!

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for the congratulations. It sounds like the same are coming your way too. I'm so excited that your clearance are back and you are planning for March travels. Being March 1, it will be here before you know it. I'll try to think about some trips one items that are must haves, but the only one that comes to mind is hand sanitizer and travel toilet paper. And don't pack too heavy as it is now $80 for baggage weight over 50 lbs. Yes, I learned the hard way!

I'm so excited for you!

the Horvaths said...

Good news, congrats on both your tentative travel dates and your fingerprints arriving. That's a load off you mind I bet. You have been such a support and inspiration. It's about time you get to have the exciting news going on! Praying for good news on Friday for you!

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

This is great news!! We also got our FBI clearance back on Friday! I loved your comments of wondering what would come back. I laughed so hard. Just one more step closer!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That's great--one more thing you can check off of the list! Good news!