We have a new little addition to our family. Let me start off by saying that I'm not the crazy cat lady. I swear. I do love animals though and just can't say no! I walked into the vet Saturday morning because Brownie had to get her ears checked (double ear infection!). I think they knew I was coming because I opened the door and didn't even get a "hello!". Instead I heard "Isn't she cute? We almost had to put her to sleep! She's only 5 weeks old and she needs a good home. Don't worry about calling Keith, he'll be okay with it - just take her!" Well, nothing like being the vet's go-to-gal! I called Keith, he wasn't there, came home, we talked about it and headed back to get her. Her name is Callie and someone found her with a big lump in her neck. They thought it was something terminal but just turned out to be a worm of some kind. Sounds gross, I know... but don't worry - she's since been dewormed.
Callie is the sweetest. She had a big ol' belly and has NO fear. Skipper, my 120 pd dog, is no competition for Callie. :-) She'll bat him in the face a few times and almost half smile - it is the cutest. Ya know, I really hope the Little Peanut isn't allergic to animals cause we're going to have an itsy bitsy problem.
On to adoption stuff... I'm reading another book (yes, I have 3 going simultaneously) - it's Baby Bargains. It's basically a shopping guide for everything baby! They have reviews, websites and practical shopping advice. I decided to start to take the bus to work to save some money and protect what little bit of sanity I have left and it's proven to be a great time to catch up on reading. Now, I just need to start making my lists!! Laura and I met for lunch and started a list, but unfortunately I haven't gotten any further. Laura, Carrie and Rachel are being the list queens and I'm feeling like a slacker! :-) Soooo.... the next bus ride will be a list making ride!
Besides that, nothing adoption related is going on. Waiting for the next round of accreditations. I'm also having a hard time finding people that are adopting from Kras or have adopted recently. I've met a few people through email, but they are all in the same place I'm at - waiting. I guess this is par for the course with a new region! There seems to be tons of info on a yahoo group, but a lot of it is older. I will tell you that the kids I've seen on the Kras group are PRECIOUS!
Well, it's a late night and I have a busy day tomorrow. Alex has his physical and of course there is that thing called work.
Becky
8 comments:
You are hilarious! And I am entertained by you taking the bus. I know its a commuter bus...so its not a scary MARTA bus...but it still makes me laugh.
Callie is adorable. I am soooo not a cat person (and Andres is allergic) but I do think kittens are the cutest. I keep meaning to bring my list in and add to it. Maybe I should send it home and work on it there. I'll happily send you the revised version! :)
I love it! I'm like you- I like a good "face lift" occasionally. Like redoing a bedroom or painting the walls a different shade! :o)
Callie is a doll-baby!! Yeah - if our little one is allergic we'll hae an itsy-bitsy problem too!! I like the face-lift on the blog - bring some excitement to blogland!!
Callie is precious. I too need an update to my blog, but I'll have to wait until I have a little more time (post paperwork stage). I'm just lucky to get some updated pictures on our blog. Here are the things I still need help with on my blog:
1. How to add your e-mail address.
2. How and where does everyone find such great Russian pictures, maps, and weather pictures?
3. Pictures for the Title area that show Russia?
Do you just luck up and find them on the internet or is there a site that offers bloggers great blog elements?
Thanks for your help and good luck on the wait!! We hope to be there soon!!
Your vet's office sounds great. So funny. She is adorable. Those eyes I would never have been able to say no.
Love the new look!
Chris & Penny are also in Kras. They're on my waiting list if you don't know thier site.
I love it! I'm not that tech savvy that I can do much with mine. Yours is so nice and personal. Although I am a dog person, Callie is a cutie!
Cute cat! You all are so nice to take her in to your home!
Your blog looks great, too! I hope you can find some more information on recent adoptions from Kras. I'll let you know if I come across anything online.
Callie is adorable! Although, I do think you now need to put a capping limit on the amount of furry things you are going to let in your house....pretty soon, when the Peanut gets here, someone is going to have to sleep in the garage! And I DOUBT it will be the animals, Keith, Alex, or the Peanut....which only leaves YOU - HA! :-) If that is the case, I have a spare bedroom, a pack-and play, and highchair still set up in my house. The more the merrier ;-)
Post a Comment