Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family

This weekend we had a great weekend with some out of town family - my aunt and uncle! We met them for ice cream on Friday night and then headed out on the lake (despite the threat of rain) for a nice ride and some swimming. We hung out around our house and then went to a yummy dinner at J. Alexander's (yes, Adrienne, I had the carrot cake again and even managed to share!)

It's so nice to have family come in from out of town, especially family you haven't seen in a while! We talked about everything under the sun, laughed about old stories from when my mom and aunt were younger, were able to catch up on the goings-ons in VA and my cousins! We definitely don't spend enough time keeping in touch with our family and it's really bothersome! So, my July 15th resolution (just like a New Year's Eve resolution, except made on July 15th, duh :-)) is to keep in better touch with family - those close and far away.

We have some great memories of vacations when we were kids - down in Florida, Long Island, Virginia - you name it. So much fun! My sister found an old video from a trip to Florida and I'm going to try to make copies of it for the family. They will get quite the kick out of it! Speaking of which, who has the video of Mandy, Matt, Gretchen and I swimming with the dolphins?? Hmmm... I'll need to find that because we were all quite gorgeous back then!

Anyhow, THANKS to my aunt and uncle (waving to you from the blog!) for coming all this way to visit us! We loved it (especially Brownie who already misses UB!) and hope maybe you can stop on your way to Florida from time to time!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow... plllleeaasssee sleep late doggies, please!!!

Becky

8 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

My dogs never sleep late - It's 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning and I've been up since 5:45 a.m. letting dogs in and out!! I guess it could be called "practice". Being with family is always nice. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Deb said...

Glad you had a good time with yor family.

Laura S said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! We had some friends stay Friday night too. They have 2 kids (2 & 4) so that was an adventure!

We need to try and take some time to visit family soon. Most are concentrated in a couple of areas...so it will be easier for us to go there than the other way around.

Have a nice rainy Sunday! I'll be thinking of you relaxing as I remove everything from my bathroom cabinets!

Ryan and Amy said...

I just got caught up on your blog -I LOVE that your little peanut is right where he should be - what a sign!! Congrats on your region - I know we love knowing where were going (Tver) and it is so much fun to research the area. Glad you had a nice weekend too. Here's to quick referrals :)

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations on picking a region. Sorry that we're just now responding, but we haven't been on a computer since work on Friday. We are so excited for you and your family and know that Kras was destined to be the region your little peanut was born.

We are glad you had a good weekend with your family and look forward to hearing more on the region in the coming weeks.

Norman is interested in the international adoption clinic in Alabama, but I'll write more on that in my e-mail when I return from Louisville.

Best wishes!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

yummm...J. Alexanders carrot cake! Good stuff!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I am SOOOOOO jealous about your carrot cake!!!! I am dying for some J Alexanders! :) That is one hard thing we've encountered since we've been home...we were so used to eating out and now we can't for a while (until Owen is ready to be out around a lot of noisy people!). Eat that yummy carrot cake while you can! Maybe we will do J's take out this weekend!

I'm so happy to hear you know where your little peanut is now! Congratulations on taking the next step toward little peanut!

Can't wait to read more about your preparations.

:) Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Brownie is missing someone besides me? How can that be? :-)

Sounds like everything is going great, Bex! I am so happy for you guys.