Notarized! Apostilled! Fedexed!
What am I talking about? The Krasnoyarsk region-specific papers! CHI should have them tomorrow afternoon. I also managed to round up the family (a lot like herding cats) and we got our passport photos done so I'll be mailing our visa apps to CHI and passports tomorrow. Did anyone have a hard time letting go of their passports for such a long period of time?? I was told I can hang on to them until we get closer to travel, but I'm afraid I'll have to rush around then and I don't need anything else on my to-do's.
I spent most of Sunday cleaning out the closet in my office which is soon-to-be Alex's room. Boy we hoard a lot of stuff! We've decided to have a yard sale. I haven't had a yard sale since I was a kid. I remember having my own money box for my toys and getting a quarter here, quarter there. I felt rich! We're going to pick a weekend towards the end of September and just do it. That gives me about 8 weekends to clean every nook and cranny in this house. Yikes.... nothing like pressure!
I've also decided to take time during this wait to make lists. A list of things to do before Trip 1, things to pack for Trip 1, things to do between Trips 1 and 2, things to pack for Trip 2 and finally, things that need to be done and ready for when we return home from Trip 2. I love lists, can you tell?
I think I'll be having a blog post for each list after I've made my preliminary list so that I can get everyone's advice. I tend to over pack which I know is a bad thing when adopting so I'll need a reality check.
Okay... enough rambling for the night!
Becky
8 comments:
I would only send my passports when I knew I was traveling. It was a nailbiter at first, but by the third time, it was no big deal. The hardest part was when it is a few days before your trip and your passports/visas are still not in your hands.
I love list too! I am so happy to see that things are moving along. I hope to hear that you get "the call" soon!
I sent my passports with my dossier and I do kindof miss it!! But then again we won't be needing it until travel time anyway - saving those vacation days. Good for you on the lists - and if you do like some of us have done and post them on-line you have to get everything done!! I challenge you to finish your list and I'll finish mine. Of course we all know they can be on-going!! Congrats on getting those docs done.
Lists are a girl's best friend- or at least this girl anyway!! hehehe
We just had a garage/yard sale in May. A great way to weed out unneeded stuff and make a little money on the side! And I bet you could come up with a few ways to use that money! :o)
Congrats Becky that you've got all your papers in! That is wonderful! Hope you are having a great day!
Manda :)
Sounds like you're moving right along. Lists are wonderful and definitely help keep me sane during the adoption process.
I also wanted to say congrats on choosing Kras! I've heard it's a wonderful region and I've seen several absolutely adorable kids adopted from there. Also, being one of the first families does hold its advantages - they definitely check and double-check every tiny detail and will probably work extra-hard to make sure everything goes smoothly. Congrats!
Congrats on getting the rest of your papers in so your dossier can be sent to Kras! I'm right with you and Rachel-I made a list for trip #1 last week (wishful thinking that I will need it soon!) I need to look and your's and Rachel's and see if I'm missing anything! I love lists, too! I also like to hand write them, so I can scratch things off! (That's why I hardly used my Palm Pilot!) Good luck getting your things ready for your garage sale!
Glad to hear your new docs are on their way!
Yes, I love lists too. I was thinking this afternoon I need to do some new lists :O)
Post a Comment