We've had lots of fun at the park, in the kiddie pool, hanging with Aunt Mandy, Uncle Rob, Nana and Grandpa and we went to the lake (but not on the boat - long story - let's just say Keith wasn't a happy camper!). We've had our first haircut and he did SO well! I think the lollipop and the airplane did the trick! I've made a pediatrician appt and we're working on a time to go to UAB's IAC which I'm really excited about (I know, weird to be excited about a drs appt).
Andrew knows his colors, the dogs and cats names (and how to pull the cats tails and he loves trying to pick them up - they hate it of course), he loves to eat - yogurt especially! We've regressed quite a bit in the potty-world but that was absolutely expected. When we got home he was doing 75% of his business in the potty. I'd say we're down to 25%. Keith has taught him to say "Mommy, Poppy I need to go peesit" BUT he just walks around repeating that non-stop so who knows when he as to go! :-) I think it's good he's regressing because it means he's letting us take care of him instead of being so independent.
Andrew has been sleeping in his own bed the past few nights. He fell out of the bed the first night. His bedroom is above ours so we heard a big boom, but no noise on the monitor! Keith went running up there and there is little Andrew, fast asleep on the floor with his butt sticking up in the air. Last night he fell out again (and yes, we have the little rails on the bed but he manages to wiggle around them) but this time he cried. Keith rocked him to sleep (I have the most awesome husband who seems to get all of night duty, poor guy) and then about an hour later he was calling for us at the top of the stairs (about 4:00 am). That seems to be his normal waking time. Some more rocking and he went to sleep in the pack and play in our room until Callie (the cat) decided she wanted to get in there too. Then he moved to our bed where he slept until 8:00.
Between the cats and Andrew waking us up in the middle of the night we are getting very little sleep. We're still hanging in there but will be very happy when we make it all the way through the night. Thankfully, Keith took off the rest of this week so maybe this weekend we can each take a day to catch up.
We're so excited about how well Andrew is doing! He has typical toddler tantrums but they are getting a less frequent as he realizes we won't react to every one of them. He is very affectionate to us and the animals (loves to dole out kisses) and still has no interest in cartoons! We take about an hour a night and go up in his room to play with his music table, stacking toys, shape sorter, puzzles, etc...
So, I'll leave you with some pictures of my little cutie patutie! Oh - Kate (or anyone else that might know) - any idea what "Me Soo-ah?" means? Does it mean "Finished?" Every time we're in the car and it stops (red light, stop sign, car turning, etc...) Andrew says "Me Soo-ah?". We think it means finished and we tell him "no" or "almost" and it sets him into a tizzy. Then when we say "yes" we get a big "Awwww", as though he's disappointed. Can't win for losing!
Seriously? No more mullet? :-)
Looking cool in the plane!
My handsome little devil! :-)
Paka!
Becky
24 comments:
A is SO handsome Becky! I am so glad you guys are having so much fun with him....love the new haircut.
Renae and Joe
What a sweet little guy! It sounds like he is doing great and learning so quickly! We're so excited for you all!!
Hee hee! I had to laugh at your first sentence. I know exactly what you mean about nonstop. Ilya has got to be the BEST weight loss program ever! (Aside from Andrew perhaps.)
I love the new haircut. He's such a handsome guy!
Great haircut - I love, love, love his dark hair! Have I said that before? I'm having a dejavu moment. He is soooo smart to already know his colors. Enjoy these days of non-stop fun, they grow up way too fast.
What is the name of that haircutting place with the airplanes? Too cool!
He is absolutely the cutest little boy! What a doll. You all will get into a rhythm soon and the sleep and constant exhaustion will be a thing of the past, it just takes time; hang in there!
Awesome cutie pie! Love the haircut... we had our farewell mullet cutting too, it was great to see that go!
PRECIOUS!! Who knew life could be so busy, huh? Yeah...you'd better be emailing me the details on that trip to Birmingham! :)
It was so nice to meet you Becky and Keith here in Moscow! We go to pick up our two little munchkins tomorrow! Maya always says "shoa" for all done and "ni-shoa" when she's not all done with something.
Andrew looks SO cute with his new little haircut!
Sarah and Jeff
So cute! And yes, exhausting. Remember you can't do eveything overnight. It takes time to change behaviors. Pick one thing at a time and work on it. Once you are sure you have mastered that, then go to the next. Best not to rush things.
I wish mine did so well with the haircut. He needs one desparately and I dread taking him. Although planes might help. Where is that?
Can't wait to see the 1st haircut scrapbook page. He's even more adorable with "American" cut and not Russian mohawk. Being a Mom is a lot of work, huh? Good thing Keith has been thru this several times before with his brothers and Alex. Love you guys.
What a cutie-love the new 'do! It sounds like he's one happy boy and things are going pretty well.
Love the hair cut! He is so cute! Hang in there on the sleep. Kaden kept on waking up about 5am the first week. But he soon adjusted and now wakes up between 6:30am to 7am. He also now sleeps straight thru the night!
He definitely is a handsome little guy...and the haircut looks great! You know what they say about the mullet...business in the front, party in the back! hehehe...makes me laugh every time I say that.
I am so glad to hear things are going well. So your not getting any rest, huh? I hate to tell you this, but you won't for another 18 years (oh boy, I sound like my MIL)...
Looks like you are all having fun!
Yeah for a new haircut, although I am kinda partial to mowhawks.. not mullets.. :-)
I don't think I slept for a year when Katie was first born.. You are just getting the advanced version because your child is totally mobile.. At least the late nights/early morning were tempered with the fact that Katie was confined to her crib... Andrew is fully mobile AND raring to go! You will adjust.. I promise.. It's just so hard at the beginning.. Looking forward to seeing you guys in '09!
Pakooshala (English pronunciation) is all done (finished) in Russian. So, he is probably saying the slang for finished. One of the many words I learned on Russian for the Adoptive Parent :o) Just like peesat is pee and kakut is poop. It is amazing the little words they know and their pronunciations for them. Too cute.
Loved the haircut. What a fabulous place to go for one. I loved the airplane. We never could get our son to sit still, so I cut it myself as it usually takes a couple of trimming to get it right :o)
So glad things are going well. Yes, the nighttimes are hard at first. It will get easier!
He is just too darn cute!!! Love all the pictures too. My kids still like to sit in the airplane and get haircuts,even though Logan is way to big! We are so very happy that things are going so well. Please keep blogging or I will have to bug David to tell me how his work wife is doing ;P
Robin Slicker
I got to meet the Peanut today when Keith stopped by the office, and he is perfect, kinda shy but tossing the baby sized football with Daddy got his over his shyness and he would take the ball from me. I am so happy for you guys. Rob could not stop talking about him Monday!!!
Mike at EDI
Hi Becky, Wow Andrew really did well with the haircut! He is so precious. I am so happy for you guys that he is doing well. I am going to ask my Russian friend at work about the "Me soo ah". Sounds like it definitely means all done/finished.
I am so glad you guys get to enjoy summer with him - Those pictures are so cute. Take care...Teresa
Becky,
You might be reading more into "mee-soo-ah" than you think. Being that he is a toddler, as is our 34 month old girl from Russia, I tend to think that he is simply saying "machina" (car) in baby talk. My little one loves to say Ma-chee-a whenever we're driving!
Valerie
Your little guy is so cute. I understand the non stop...go go go
Could this get any better. Truly that is the happiest kid ever!!!!
I am in love with him and don't even know him.
No sleep - hahhaha - hello welcome to parenthood... i am sure you have heard that a million times.
Let us know when you are ready for visitors. Anna is dying.
Love to you all....miss you.
and can't wait to meet Master Andrew Mixon
Shyra
Not sure about soo-ah. It could be baby talk for something...
Vsyo is finished, everything... The "v" is subtle and you might not be hearing it--or he might not be able to say it. What a puzzle!
He is a doll! He needs to be a Gap model. He will come around to cartoons soon enough so enjoy him not wanting to watch them now. Can't wait to meet him!
Moscow is really quite since you guys left! Since ya'll were in the car I would be leaning towards Andrew say machina but who knows?!? That little man gets cuter with each post. We just got back from the UK today and I will send you the picture you asked for today. That picture is the welcome screen on our camera.
Miss you guys!
Paka!
Dinia
Post a Comment